Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Daughter's College Quilt

My Daughter's College Quilt


Several years ago I made a Dog Themed College Quilt for my daughter.   She loves dogs so I had her pick 4 blocks from the the book "Best in Show" by Carol Armstrong.  Three of the dogs represent our own dogs (Lab, Jack Russell and our German Sheperd Mix).   The fifth block I had to create to make our Sheperd Mix - Honey. 

Each dog held a special meaning for her. The center panel was made in honor of our beloved Chocolate Lab.  The Jack Russell is our dog named Jackie, the German Shepard  is Honey's father.  The top right block I had to create myself of our unique dog, Honey.  She had very distinctive ears! Honey was a mixed bread dog; German Shepard, Old English Bulldog and English Bulldog.  Sadly Honey passed away when she was only 4.5 years old.  We miss her so.

























No comments:

Post a Comment