Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Baby Boy Quilt Continued

I embroidered the Micah on the bottom of the quilt and hated it!.  I thought it was too large and took away from the blocks.  I removed the bottom and will use it on the back of the quilt.  I embroidered his name in the center of the sailboat.  I like this much better. It needs to be quilted. 

The second quilt that I am making is a dinosaur quilt.  The name of this quilt is called Dinosauria found in Quilt It for Kids 2004.  It was originally done in black and white strips.  I wanted something that would look like the ground slowly  graduating  from greens up to the sky.  The cornerstones where also black and white.  I decided to make the quilt in primary colors.  

Red and Yellow for Cornerstones

Recreated in EQ7 to test color combo

Coming Together

No comments:

Post a Comment