Monday, April 20, 2015

Broadway!

Broadway and Concert T-Shirt Quilt

I was contacted by a customer to help her with her original T-Shirt Quilt.  Not sure where she had hers made, but she wasn't happy with it and I can understand why.  First off they cut off design elements. Look at Newsies (gray shirt) and the back of the "Rent" shirt.  NO Interfacing to support the shirts.   Really poor workmanship............ with a cheap price. 



    "o day but toda"  Really???


I was given some new shirts and was asked if I could somehow incorporate the old ones.  I deconstructed the old quilt, but the size was really off.  So I ended up  combining several of the shirts: both pink shirts to make a larger "Beauty", Cinderella with the back of the shirt, Rent with the front and the back of the shirt, Billy Joel, Etc. 

Added side borders with a few of the original shirts because they were cut really small.  



Any of the shirts that had design elements missing I used on the back.  






Working on those feathers.  





No comments:

Post a Comment